to suss (Was Re: dwarves etc.)

Gregory {Greg} Downing gd2 at NYU.EDU
Wed Mar 7 21:04:08 UTC 2001

At 12:58 PM 3/7/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>ok. ok. i missed the 60 minutes segment with jesse on it.
>(i was running my homeowners' association meeting, of all
>things.)  who *was* this incredible old mr. fuddy-duddy?
>
>arnold (zwicky at csli.stanford.edu), who needs to re-learn
>  how to tape things

He was a maybe 70-y.o. central-casting English "aristo," complete with RP. I
ran into a guy like that once, years ago, in correspondence I mean. He
insisted on pointing out that our correspondence proved that British English
and American English were definitely two different languages.

Hmm, I understood him but he claimed not to be able to understand me -- So,
who exactly had the problem??

Greg Downing, at greg.downing at nyu.edu or gd2 at nyu.edu