More drinks

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Mar 20 06:00:26 UTC 2001

>From Berlin--

You'll recall our earlier discussion of the caipirinha, the national
drink of Brazil, made with cachaça (sugar cane liquor), cut-up limes,
and sugar.  At the Einstein in Berlin (and no doubt other bars), the
menu featured not only caipirissima (with Cuban rum in place of the
cachaça) and caipiroska ("vodka, limette, Rohrzucker"), but also
cafépirinha, which I assume is the Germano-Brazilian answer to Irish
coffee.  I can't vouch for any of these, as I was drinking beer at
the time.

larry