"out of left field" (Why "left"?)

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Mar 28 06:16:35 UTC 2001

Good point about the CF, Larry, but we'd probably have to turn to the majors
and minors to get such data.  They've got the stats on everything, maybe
college ball, as well.  But back to the CF making the majority of plays, I'd
bet that a lot of those take place in left-center.  But we'd need to look at
the data.