deliberate misspellings

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Thu Mar 29 18:34:49 UTC 2001

Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU> writes:

At 2:28 AM -0800 3/27/01, Margaret Lee wrote:
>Deliberate misspellings in Hip Hop culture represents a rebellion
>against the use of White English language rules and standards.

For an earlier politically motivated misspelling, cf. "Amerika"
(among anti-Vietnam War activists from the late '60's).
<<<<<

Also "AmeriKKKa" among social activists, but I can't provide a cite or more definite context.

-- Mark A. Mandel