Amazin' Mets (March 1962); Big A (September 1959

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Thu Mar 29 18:49:09 UTC 2001

Barry writes:

   Tomorrow, I'll round up the stuff and tell New York Daily News
cartoonist Bill Gallo that New York Evening Journal cartoonist T. A. Dorgan
did NOT coin "hot dog" at the Polo Grounds in 1905.  I'll demand a
correction.
   I'll also tell him that I solved the Big Apple, the Great White Way, the
meaning of the "fan," the Subway Series, the Yankees, the Bronx
Bombers...and these two, from his own New York Daily News.
<<<<<

Good luck, Barry, but don't go getting your hopes up. (Sigh.) We have
similar problems in the local paper (the MetroWest Daily News, suburbs west
of Boston) w.r.t. local politics.

-- Mark