Uzbek National Dishes

Barry Popik bapopik at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 1 12:32:36 UTC 2001

    Greetings from Urgench, Uzbekistan.  Yesterday, I walked all across
town, found this place, AOL didn't work, sent a message from Hotmail, and
now I see it didn't arrive and I forgot to save it.  It was on Turkmenistan
proverbs.

UZBEK NATIONAL DISHES
by T. Khudayshukurov, A. Makhmudov, R. Ubaydullaev
Shark publishing
Tashkent
96 pages hardcover
1995

Pg. 10:  ...green radish, named _margilan_...
Pg. 11:  MAIDALANGAN RADISH.
Pg. 13:  YAKHNA GOOSHT.  This dish is spread all over the republic.
Pg. 15:  SHOORVA AND MASTAVA (meat soups with vegetables or rice).
Pg. 28:  MASTAVA.  After kainatma shoorva mastava is the most often home
cooked meat soup.
Pg. 29:  UGRO SOUPS.
Pg. 34:  GUZHA.
Pg. 36:  MOSH-HOORDA.
Pg. 39:  MOSHKOVOK.
Pg. 42:  PALOV (PILAW).
Pg. 55:  MOSHKICHIRI.
Pg. 63:  CHUCHVARA.  Chuchvara (meat-balls coated with dough)...
Pg. 64:  MANTI (STEAMED BIG MEATBALLS COATED WITH DOUGH).
Pg. 78:  SHASHLIK.
Pg. 85:  SHIRCHOY.  Shirchoy is cooked all over Uzbekistan.  Its basis is
strong infusion of tea with milk and salt.