Mutrib

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed May 9 09:47:00 UTC 2001

MUTRIB

  "Mutrib" means artists or musicians.  It was used many times in a book of Islamic music and arts that I read (but did not buy) at the museum.
  Not in the OED.

MISC.

   Uzbekistan has about 25 million people.  Tashkent was the fourth largest city in the USSR.  An online OED check shows:

French--10,574 hits
France--6,285
Spanish--3,001
Spain--2,519
Russian--1,885
Russia--1,636
Uzbek--20 (ten of them in "Uzbek" entry)
Uzbekistan--4

   I was robbed last night.
   Today is Victory Day, and the police were out yesterday also.  I got stopped just a block from the hotel.  I was asked for my ID.  One of the two people who stopped me liked the $20 in my wallet.
   Talk about your expensive internet days!