Leather Water Bottle

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Fri May 11 17:43:53 UTC 2001

I've always heard the vessel you describe called a "wine skin."  Water???

Peter Mc.

--On Friday, May 11, 2001 7:30 PM +0200 Grant Barrett
<gbarrett at WORLDNEWYORK.ORG> wrote:

> I've been digging around for a couple of days on this one:
> What's a word for a leather water bottle? The kind used in deserts, old
> movies set in medieval times: they're flat when empty, jiggling when
> full, and if you've got the skill you can tilt your head back and aim for
> your mouth. Stitching on the side. Maybe an old goat gut.
> --
> Grant Barrett
> New York loves you back.
> http://www.worldnewyork.org/

                               Peter A. McGraw
                   Linfield College   *   McMinnville, OR
                            pmcgraw at linfield.edu

More information about the Ads-l mailing list