discette (was: "floppy disk"--why "floppy"?)

Ittaob at AOL.COM Ittaob at AOL.COM
Sun May 13 02:39:44 UTC 2001

In a message dated 5/11/01 3:26:16 PM, laurence.horn at YALE.EDU writes:

<< What I said was "crushed red peppers".  These are what you find at
pizza places around the world, and they're a requirement (IMHO) for
virtually all pasta dishes, whether red or white or green sauced.
And yes, they're hot.

For what it's worth, I think you mean crushed red pepper (sing.). Peppers
are, of course, the red or green, mild or hot, fruit used in salads, etc.
Pepper is the spice - seeds of the pepper plant.

And putting crushed red pepper on pasta is a peculiarly American habit --
never seen in Italy

 Steve Boatti