"floppy disk"--why "floppy"?

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Thu May 17 07:33:28 UTC 2001

    Here is a message I just received from Neville Holmes concerning
the ADS-L messages about "floppy disk."; the quotes are from an
earlier message I had sent him.  Incidentally, the nature of Internet
discussion groups such as ours is that participants sometimes wish to
correct earlier statements. Nothing unusual here.

---Gerald Cohen