Singular Y'ALL: some data

Wed May 23 16:21:24 UTC 2001

Very nice example, and confirmed by my Southern student (Alabama and
Tennessee).  But I have an extension kind of question:  For plural
possessive, would you/you all say "your all's" or "you all's"?  Granted, if
one is r-less, the production would sound like "y'all's" (as below).  But
if you're r-ful (as many Southerners and most South Midlanders are), would
you say "your all's," i.e., is there an underlying /r/ which may or may not
be pronounced?  An Athens County student of mine insists that she said
"your all's" both as a child in Mississippi and as an adolescent and adult
in southern Ohio.