A little help

Fri May 25 16:21:58 UTC 2001

Colleagues,

I am the Section Editor for 'Language' for the forthcoming
Encyclopedia of the Midwest (IU Press), and I am having difficulty
locating writers for a few entries on various languages (and language
groups) in the Midwest (roughly Canada to the Ohio River and Eastern
Dakotas-Nebraska-Kansas to Pennsylvania; please don't point out how
that might not fit your definition of the "Midwest." It ain't exactly
mine neither).

Here's what I need:

The names of scholars (living) who have done research on any aspects
of the current status, structure, shape, preservation, influence on
and from English of the following language or language groups in the
Midwest.

Chinese
Non-Arabic languages of the Middle and Near East
French
Italian
Other Romance languages (excluding Spanish)
Swedish-Danish-Norwegian

I'd be delighted with any leads or suggestions.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages