"Pearl Harbor" anachronisms ("WWII has just started!")

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue May 29 14:02:04 UTC 2001

   Nah, I didn't see PEARL HARBOR.  I've just been surfing the web.
   According to rec.arts.movies.current-film on 5-28-2001 (see "Pearl Harbor anachronisms" in deja.com), the ships shown in the harbor were constructed after December 7, 1941.
  A Google check of "Pearl Harbor anachronisms" brings up starbulletin.com/2000/04/29/editorial/special.htm, a Honolulu newspaper which looked at an advance of the Disney script.
  Mai Tais were shown.  One character yelled "World War II has just started!" before that phrase would become standard.  (There was a European war at this time.)
  I hope an ADS-member dialect coach didn't work on this "bomb."