slang story in Chicago Tribune 7 Nov

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Nov 8 17:20:26 UTC 2001

   The book is also mentioned in this week's NEW YORK PRESS, Nov. 7-13, 2001, pg. 21, cols. 1-2.  Col. 2:

   Descharne will read from and sign _Straight from the Fridge_ on Friday, Nov. 9, 6 p.m., at See Hear, 59 E. 7th St. (betw. 1st & 2nd Aves.), 505-9781.

(The CHICAGO TRIBUNE article mentions that he adds plenty of historical cites, which is good.  He claims "coffin nails" if from the 1950s and hasn't read RHHDAS, which is bad.  I rushed to my local Barnes & Noble, but they don't have the book in, and they said they might not carry it.  The book is about $10, so it's hard to see how you could go wrong--ed.)