Spades

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed Nov 14 22:20:00 UTC 2001

Donald Lance wrote:

Laurence Horn wrote:

> >  But what means "The ace has a higher value
> than a club"?  One of the terms of comparison must be a typo, but I'm
> not sure which, or (if it's the "ace" that should be "spade") in what
> context.

Senior moment, not exactly typo.  I meant the suit of spades has a higher
value than the
suit of clubs in poker.
DML
True in Bridge, but not, according to the Hoyle on my shelf, in Poker.
Under "Poker Laws,"  number 10 has: "Hands identical in all respects tie;
the suits of which the hands are composed never make any difference."
A. Murie

A&M Murie
N. Bangor NY
sagehen at westelcom.com