NEH Lectures in D.C.: Nunberg Dec. 11

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 20 23:48:46 UTC 2001

Greetings,

I'd appreciate it if you would spread the word to your members about our
next lecture series.  It should be very exciting.  We're kicking things off
on December 11 with a lecture from Geoffrey Nunberg of Xerox PARC. Details
are below.

tks,

Brett Bobley
CIO
NEH

The National Endowment for the Humanities
               Presents
       eHumanities Lecture Series

The NEH invites you to attend the next three installments of the eHumanities
Lecture Series.  The goal of this series is to bring leading scholars to
Washington to discuss the relationship of digital technology and the
humanities. Last year, we had a terrific turnout for our free lecture series
held here at the Old Post Office in Washington, DC.

See our web page for detailed information and to register:

http://www.neh.gov/news/ehumanities.html

Please feel free to pass this to colleagues.

LECTURES IN BRIEF:

December 11
Noon
"Farewell to the Information Age"
GEOFFREY NUNBERG
Principal Scientist, Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
Professor of Linguistics, Stanford University

February 13
Noon
"After the Internet"
JAMES O'DONNELL
Professor of Classical Studies
Vice Provost for Information Systems and Computing
University of Pennsylvania

February 27
Noon
"The Next Generation of Digital Scholarship: An Experiment in Form"
WILL THOMAS
Director of the Virginia Center for Digital History and Research
Assistant Professor of History
University of Virginia
ED AYERS
Hugh P. Kelly Professor of History