La Ronda drinks

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Nov 26 02:38:12 UTC 2001

   Greetings from Quito, Ecuador.  I'll try to get some time in Miami tomorrow on my flights home.
   Today (Sunday) was Census Day (search for "Censo").  It´s held about once every ten years.  The entire country must stayat home from 9 am to 5 pm.  The only people on the streets were foreigners, military, and the high schoolers doing the Census.
   Drink was prohibited the night before the Census, and we couldn´t get a glass of Chilean wine even tonight, after the Census was over.  The restaurant last night couldn´t get help.  A bizarre time.
   Rincon La Ronda Restaurante is one of Quito´s best.  I don´t know if OED has these two:

AJIACO--thick potato soup with cottage cheese and avocado.
EMPANADA DE MOROCHO--turnover of white corn.

   The place couldn´t serve drinks, but kindly gave me its drink menu:

   COCKTAILS TIPICOS
LA RONDA--Ron, Apricot Brandy, Vermouth Rojo, Jugo de limon, Jugo de pina
ATAHUALPA--Ron, Granadina, Jugo de naranjilla, Jugo de naranja
VACA LOCA--Ron, Triple Sec, Grandina, Jugo de Pina
DANZANTE--Anisette, Marasquin, Crema de mandarina, Jugo de limon, Jugo de pina
ARRIERO--Ron, Granadina, Jugo de naranjilla
BIENVENIDO--Ron, Marasquin, Jugo de limon, Jugo de pina
LA GUARAGUA--Vodka, Mente verde, Crema de leche
VOLCAN--Ginebra, Granadina, Crema Chantilly
GALAPAGUITO--Vodka (golpe), Gin (golpe), Marasquin (golpe), Triple Sec (golpe), Tropico anis (golpe)
PAPAGAYO--Ron blanco, Triple sec, Crema de banana, Curacao azul, Jugo de naranja
MARIMBA--Ginebra, Menta verde, Jugo de pina
COCO SECO (bajativo)--tropico seco
CHULLA QUITENO--Ron, Hervido de canela
ZARACAY--Grappa, Hervido de naranjilla
PISCO SOUR--Pisco, Jugo de limon, Jarabe de azucar, Clara de huevo
TROPICO SOUR--Tropico, Jugo de limon, Jarabe de azucar, Clara de huevo
   COCKTAILS INTERNATIONALS (Recipe deleted--ed.)
RON PUNCH
ALEXANDER
BACARDI
BLOODY MARY