What is the technical term for II or Jr.

Matthew Gordon GordonMJ at MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Nov 26 21:03:44 UTC 2001

In the usage of the Nebraska Dept. of Motor Vehicles, the driver's license
folks, such generation designations are known (pace morphologists) as
suffixes. I don't believe this extends to Ph.D. etc.