"yo" (a slightly different example)

Mark Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Mon Oct 1 14:38:44 UTC 2001

Larry Horn inscripsit:

At 9:49 AM -0400 9/28/01, Douglas G. Wilson wrote:
>>"The yard needs mowed yo" is my favorite example sentence of the
>>year.
>
>My yard needs big mojo indeed.
     [...]

Oops, never mind that last posting of mine.  I should have checked
all my messages before responding, especially those from Doug W. or
Mark M., at least one of whom I should have counted on to have
pre-empted me.
<<<<<

Well, I might've but I didn't, not on this topic, which I didn't see till
today. I was right in there on "my your", which -- at least in the digest
-- was intertwined with "yo"; which might be the cause of this your
confusion. ;-)\  ... Now, *that* double determiner has a Shakespearean ring
to it.

                  Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist
 Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company : speech recognition
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com