Medjugorje?

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Wed Oct 3 03:40:31 UTC 2001

Anne:

I know very little about Slavic languages in general, but on reading that
"Medjugorje" means "between the hills" I immediately turned to a deeper
source for analyzing the word as medju plus gorje.  It looks like it was
produced by the same process that produced Mesopotamia, "between rivers".

Does Slavic "medju" point back to the same IE root as Latin/Romance
"meso"/"medio"?

-- mike salovesh   <m-salovesh-9 at alumni.uchicago.edu>   PEACE !!!