Jazzology (1916? Texas?)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 14 08:30:57 UTC 2001

JAZZOLOGY (1916?)

   I've been going through some Texas online library catalogs.  I gave Baylor University a try (it's the sometime home to famous ADS-Ler Lynne Murphy).
   Try bearcat.baylor.edu and check this out:

King, Oswin Kerrin
Uncle Jake Sez: a book of sayings, poetry, philosophy and jazzology by the noted baseball expert of Red Sox, Texas
c. 1916

   The book is from his columns in the Dallas Evening Journal.  "Jazz" was just becoming popular in Chicago in 1916.  "Jazz" was totally unknown in New York until 1917.  And a baseball connection, too?
   I'm at home.  What does WorldCat have on this author and this book?  Could 1916 possibly be correct?  Is it an error?
   Texas jazz????

"OK" SIGN (continued)

   Forgot this.
   From John Crosby's RADIO AND TELEVISION, NEW YORK HERALD TRIBUNE, 27 October 1952, pg. 21, col. 2:

   I walked down the street at General Service with an actor.  Every time he passed any one, he's smile, hold his fingers in an "O" sign and say: "Great!  Very funny!"