Jazzology (1916? Texas?)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 14 19:39:35 UTC 2001

JAZZOLOGY

   Yes.  We know all that.  I can assure you, I've read the RHHDAS.
   However, pre-1917 citations must be checked out.  While we have those 1913 baseball citations, we haven't found any others in baseball (say, 1914 or 1915).
   The "jazzology" book was published in 1916, so it probably involves newspaper columns from 1915.  The Dallas Evening Journal first published in 1914, and I'll see what's there.

FRENCH VANILLA (continued)

   From the NEW YORK HERALD TRIBUNE, 19 April 1953, pg. 13 ad for Macy's:

NATURALIZER'S
PRIDE and JOY (shoes--ed.)
now in creamy French Vanilla
(...)
   ...both come in delicious French Vanilla that looks like your favorite ice cream.

(Maybe the "French Vanilla" are good shoes, but what about Rocky Road?--ed.)