Ace Doubles (was: New York Times upside down)

Mark Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Tue Oct 16 18:46:40 UTC 2001

George Thompson <george.thompson at NYU.EDU> writes:

In the 1950s there was a line of cheap paperbacks from a publisher
called Ace: Ace Double Books.  Each volume was two novels printed "dos-
a-dos" -- which I believe is the proper bibliographer's jargon.
<<<<<

Ace printed a great many science fiction titles in this format. I don't
know why I should be surprised that they printed other lines as Doubles,
too, but this is (almost??) the first I've heard of their doing so.

-- Mark A. Mandel