shoecabbage

Mark Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Tue Oct 16 19:23:00 UTC 2001

Lynne Murphy <lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK> asks

Have others come across this word?  I've just been introduced to it by the
woman who runs this website:

Not sure what I think of it!
<<<<<

I've seen it before, but I think only from the same source. She may even
have written to me once.

I think the whole idea is faintly amusing, and nothing more. Maybe I'm
jaded from having dealt with languages all my life. If I had a nickel for
every word I've noticed in language X that means something different in
language Y, I'd probably be as rich as if I had a dime for every time I've
used a cliche like this one.

-- Mark