Migas (1976)

Barry Popik bapopik at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 21 03:30:40 UTC 2001

  Greetings from a hotel room in San Antonio.  It's OnCommand HOTELTV.  The
screen goes blank when I sign into AOL, so I'm using Hotmail.

---------------------------------------
TEXAS RANGER (continued)

LET'S DEFOLIATE FOR GOD AND FOR COUNTRY--In the Texas Ranger, November 1965,
pg. 20, col. 1.

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR--In the Texas Ranger, November 1965, pg. 25, col. 1.

It is the "He's An SOB But he's _Our_ SOB" routine.--Texas Ranger, October
1965, pg. 33, col. 2.

---------------------------------------
QUINCEANERA (continued)

   DARE should check out FIESTA DE QUINCEANERA: QUEEN FOR A DAY by Almudena
Ortiz, Master's thesis, Cal-Berkeley, 1992.
   The book on the shelf here is in Spanish--Juvenile.

---------------------------------------
MIGAS (continued)

   The Adam's Mark Hotel has:

Migas, San Antonio...$10.95
Eggs, Scrambled with Corn Tortilla Strips, Smoked hicken, Ceese and
Cilantro.

   I gave Jesse a 1982 cite.  Here's another:

THE COLLECTION
A COOKBOOK
Junior League of Austin, Inc.
1976

Pg. 77:
_MIGAS_
2 T. butter
Dash Tabasco
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 T. finely chopped onion
2 T. finely chopped bell pepper
1/4 c. grated Cheddar cheese
Tostados, crumbled

Melt butter in a large skillet, allow to cool slightly.  Stir Tobasco into
eggs and pour into skillet; return to heat.  As soon as eggs begin to cook,
add onion and bell pepper, stir.  When eggs are almost cooked, add cheese
and turn heat to lowest setting.  Stir in crumbled tostados.  Serve hot.
Serves 2.