Linguistics is the study of... (MILLIONAIRE question!)

Baker, John JBaker at STRADLEY.COM
Tue Oct 23 13:35:17 UTC 2001

        Here's a post-1926 taco that does predate the OED's 1949.  This case
describes events occurring on June 4, 1933, at the La Luz del Dia Cafe,
located in an outlying business district of San Bernardino, California:

>>[H]e purchased six tacos or tortillas, sometimes called Spanish tamales,
at said cafe, paid 30 cents for the same and finally reached the Martinez
home with them.<<

People v. Larrios, 220 Cal. 236, 241, 30 P.2d 404, 405 (1934).

John Baker