Oxford Encyclopedia of American Food & Drink (2003)

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Thu Oct 25 02:15:30 UTC 2001

Barry,

    So far there's been no reaction from Jesse or Frank on this. But
even if Andrew Smith gives you a byline of credit, it won't begin to
due justice to the vast contributions you have been making to the
study of food terminology.

    Maybe you would like to advance the date of the publication of
your own book on this subject. How about aiming to get it out in
2002?  Perhaps Fred Shapiro would be willing to consider the
manuscript, or if there are any problems in this regard, I could have
your manuscript published at the University of Missouri-Rolla's print
shop.

    It would be good to have as much of the material presented first
in Comments on Etymology as a dry run. And you might consider
publishing a book in more than one volume.  That would permit you to
publish a volume in 2002 without having to have all the material
ready to go.

    Consider this all brainstorming. The call as to how to proceed is yours.

---Jerry