Videos on language

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 30 20:38:58 UTC 2001

Does anyone know a convenient source for videos like these? - Allan Metcalf

>>Dear Sir

I am teaching a course in "Preparation for Linguistics" at Kansai Gaidai

University in Osaka, Japan.  I would like to liven it up a little bit with

videos, so I have been searching the internet for sources.  The American

Dialect Society:  References page mentions a number of interesting-looking

materials, such as: "Genie" "Can Chimps Talk?" "Baby Talk" Videos on Franz

Boas etc.  Are such materials available?  Can they be purchased?  If so, how

and where?  I hope you don't mind my inquiring--but we have already

discussed Language Acquisition, Primate Studies, Language and Culture, etc.

and now we are discussing dialects.  So you can see, many of these materials

would be very appropriate, at least when I teach the course again next year.

Sincerely

Richard W. Cleveland<<

richardc at kansai-gaidai-u.ac.jp