seeking AAVE/SAE matched guise speech samples

David Bergdahl bergdahl at OHIO.EDU
Thu Sep 6 17:19:42 UTC 2001

... and anecdotal evidence from the older generation of linguists, e.g.
Raven I. McDavid, attested to the fact that white southerners were often
"heard" in the the north as "black" on the telephone.

--On Thursday, September 6, 2001 12:46 PM +0000 "James A. Landau"