"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Sep 13 05:01:49 UTC 2001

Sicilian?  Hardly.  Try Klingon ‹ from 1982 in STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF
KHAN, in which Khan (Ricardo Montalban) taunts Kirk: "Ah Kirk, my old
friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that
is best served cold? It is very cold in space."

I'm sure that I heard it before this, but this is the first time I remember
it.  I know, I know; geek check.

--

Bob Haas
Department of English