Bapopik

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Fri Sep 21 08:39:22 UTC 2001

I feel inundated by the good words about Barry that have come from the real
heavyweights on this list.  What could be left to say after the Word has
come down from OED, Merriam Webster, Barnhart, and so many points east and
west?

I'm just a retired semi-pro in dialect studies.  I won't defend Barry or
his contributions to ADS-L because they need no defense.  All I want to do
is take this opportunity to say "Thank you, Barry.  I stand in awe of your
diligence, your relevance, and the high quality of your contributions to
this list.  Your messages brighten my day."

Sure, Barry goes a  bit crotchety at times.  Who doesn't? And yes, there
are days when I think I'll scream the next time he sends in a long list of
names of cocktails as served in Tel Aviv's Bar Mitzvah or some Saskatoon
Saloon.  That's why I have a delete button on my keyboard.

As for me, I wouldn't dream of erasing anything Barry sends to ADS-L until
I've read every single word of it.

-- mike salovesh   <m-salovesh-9 at alumni.uchicago.edu>   PEACE !!!

        IN MEMORIAM:     Peggy Salovesh
        25 January 1932 -- 3 March 2001