"on the may"--typo for "on the way"

Pearsons, Enid epearsons at RANDOMHOUSE.COM
Mon Sep 24 13:33:57 UTC 2001

Typo was just what I was thinking...or rather, thinko or hearo.  Could this
piece have been dictated over the phone to someone who heard "on the menu"
(perhaps pronounced /'menju/) as "...may"?  OK, it's a wild guess, but it's
one more possibility in that context.  "Way" is pretty appealing, too.

        Enid

Enid Pearsons
Senior Editor
Random House Reference