Little Italy north? (1947)

Ittaob at AOL.COM Ittaob at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 25 19:30:08 UTC 2001

In a message dated 9/25/01 2:06:10 PM, gbarrett at WORLDNEWYORK.ORG writes:

<< On 9/24/01 23:02, "Laurence Horn" <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU> wrote:

> Getting us hungry again, Barry.  I was struck by this application of
> "the heart of Little Italy" to a quarter within East Harlem.

There are still a couple of classic, old-school, old-New York Italian
restaurants in the neighborhood, though I can't for the life of me remember
them right now.

The most famous is Rao's, on 114th and Pleasant Ave., where it is essentially
impossible to get in because all of the few tables are taken up each night by
"regulars."

Steve Boatti