my your recommendation

Thu Sep 27 16:58:17 UTC 2001

It is well known that possessive pronouns (and other possessives) can
function in more than one way in English, e.g., "your recommendation" may
mean either 'the recommendation that you wrote' or 'the recommendation that
was written on your behalf'.

Two questions:

1. Can one convey the notion 'the recommendation that I wrote on your behalf'
by saying "my your recommendation'?

2. If not, why not?

3. If so, why does "my your recommendation" seem unambiguous [i.e. "your my
recommendation" would have to mean 'the recommendation that you wrote on my
behalf'?