Medjugorje?

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sat Sep 29 02:51:56 UTC 2001

   I don't have my Serbo-Croatian dictionary at hand, but I see
generally what is
going on with Medjugorje:

1) Medju = between (cf. Russian mezhdu = between)
2) gorje --related to Russian gora (= mountain; appears,
incidentally, in the name Pyatigorsky = pertaining to five mountains;
pyat' = five). The root in gorje, gora is gor-.

---Gerald Cohen