Acronym-etymologies

Your Name Conrad-Horst at T-ONLINE.DE
Wed Apr 3 12:27:46 UTC 2002

dear Jim Landau,
I'm very new in your your 'discussion-webring' and I'm happy that I found a
link to it some weeks ago.

---> In your eMail you used the term 'second-level acronym'. Do you know
know some acronyms with also a higher level?

And I have an other questions:

In some of your eMails I red the word 'backronym'. I think it is also a an
acronym and I try to find the way back.
---> Does it mean, that someone created an interesting acronym (with no
meaning) and searched for some words to form give this acronym a suitable
long interpretation?

Please excuse my english.

By the way:
---> Do you know if there exists also a german discussion-group like your's
in the internet?

And a last question:
---> is there a link where I can find a summery of all these etymological
contributions - an etymological database or dictionnary?

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Yours sincerely
Sincères salutations
Üdvözlettel

Horst Conrad                                           .

Telefon: +49 (0) 6332/49122
(Telefon: +49 (0) 6151/818-6230)
Mobiltelefon: +49 (0) 171/1 22 72 39
(Mobiltelefon: +49 (0) 170/3 32 82 34)