regional food terms and bake sale?

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Thu Apr 4 00:52:49 UTC 2002

'Bake sale' is in the Gage Canadian Dictionary, copyright 1983.  I don't
have access to my copies of earlier editions at the moment, so can't say
whether it was added for this edition.  But I have a hunch the term -- like
the phenomenon -- is considerably older than the '80s.

Victoria

Victoria Neufeldt
1533 Early Drive
Saskatoon, Sask.