ootsie?

Anne Curzan acurzan at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon Apr 8 19:05:26 UTC 2002

Does anyone know anything about the word "ootsie" and what it means? Tim
Eyman, the sponsor of several tax-cutting initiatives out here in
Seattle, is under investigation for apparent violations of
campaign-finance laws. In an email that was recently quoted in the
papers out here, Eyman writes:

"I get ootsie even typing in the number but given the fundraising
trajectory and the potential, it's the salary I want to try for."

I just had a reporter call me asking what it might mean. Can anyone help
here?

Anne