ootsie?

Anne Curzan acurzan at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon Apr 8 20:08:54 UTC 2002

Here is the full e-mail from Tim Eyman, as quoted in the Seattle Times:

"On to another big topic: I'd like to begin the official "payment to
Permanent Offense" by both initiatives so that my "salary" will begin.

"My goal is from January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2000, that Permanent
Offense will distribute to Tim a total of $100,000 over and above expense
reimbursement. Fact is, I'm doing more and more with Permanent Offense and
less with Insignia Corp. [his fraternity watch company] and sales on our
watches showed it in 1999.

"I get ootsie even typing in the number but given the fundraising trajectory
and the potential, it's the salary I want to try for. We can keep the
disbursements steady throughout or start out smaller and spike it after the
signatures are submitted, whatever keeps our reserves adequate to accomplish
our goals.

"do you have thoughts on this? are you uncomfortable with it? or do you
think it's no big deal and don't care? always been a touchy subject with me
but want to make sure that you are OK with this."