Irish Stew (1823) & Madrid Stew/Tapas (1968)

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 9 13:22:45 UTC 2002

In a message dated Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:51:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU> writes:

>  We tend not to recall that the Irgun, led by
>Menachim Begin inter alia, technically qualified as both terrorists
>AND guerrillas when they were blowing up British soldiers and
>civilians (e.g. at the King David Hotel)

Have you ever seen the King David Hotel?  What Irgun has to answer for is not the people they killed when they blew up a wing of the Hotel, but rather that they only blew up one wing and left the rest of the building standing.

     - Jim Landau