ID by accent

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Thu Apr 11 04:16:34 UTC 2002

Someone (Larry Kirby by name) just posted to the rec.music.filk
newsgroup a report of his attendance at the filk convention FilkOntario
this past weekend. From the conrep:

A freaky moment for me occurred during registration...I told the person
at the table I had pre-registered, and was promptly greeted with "Hi
Larry!" by someone I had never seen before.  Explanation simple, though
- only one pre reg from the Deep South, my accent gave me away.

        <<<

Conrep = convention report. Cf. concom, convention committee; egoboo,
ego-boost.

-- Mark A. Mandel, The Filker With No Nickname
     http://world.std.com/~mam/filk.html