SIGNIFICANT OTHER: Increasingly Significant Issue

Douglas Bigham TlhovwI at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 11 22:43:19 UTC 2002

Anecdotal:

1.) My man-boy and I switch between "boyfriend" and "fiancé'".  Once we're
married (the gay symbolic kind) I'll be his "husband", laws be damned.  I
really don't think I've heard anyone my age use "partner" or "lover".

2.)  The book "Babel 17", author not remembered at this moment, called
polygamous relationships "tripling" and his characters got "tripled".  I
assumed that it would just increase from there.

-dsb
Douglas S. Bigham
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale