SIGNIFICANT OTHER: Increasingly Significant Issue

Joanne M. Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Fri Apr 12 13:20:44 UTC 2002

Glad you found the explanation helpful, Duane.  There's nothing
quite like those brief shining moments of marital concord, is there?

Well, you and your spouse/partner/wife/significant other can
probably feel confident in your decision.  My co-worker is trying to
get his terms considered for entry in the next edition of the
Collegiate, but I doubt he'll get very far.  Maybe he'd have had a
shot at Random House once upon a time, but now I suppose
there's nobody in the office to open his letter.

And, alas, my Collegiate synonymy paragraph idea was nixed.  I
was told that such a discussion would be more useful in learner's
dictionary.  Oh well.

Joanne