First names

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Fri Apr 12 22:26:05 UTC 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Beverly Flanigan wrote:

#Uhh, what's 'filk'? and 'fen'?  Maybe I've missed something?  (I think I
#get 'congoer'.)

#>-- Mark A. Mandel, The Filker With No Nickname
#>      http://world.std.com/~mam/filk.html
#>      (And Interfilk Guest for Consonance 2003, woo-hoo!)

Um, "sorry but not very" <evil grin>. Filk music is the music of sf
[science fiction, please don't say "sci-fi"!] and fantasy fandom; the
word originated as a typo and was taken up as "Oh, *that's* what we're
doing!". Fen : fan :: men : man. There's a link from that page in my
filk .sig to discussions of what it's about.

-- Mark M.