First names (was: SIGNIFICANT OTHER)

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sat Apr 13 01:31:04 UTC 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Beverly Flanigan wrote:

#    I have only one medic, a
#dentist, who, even after 15 years, greets me as "Dr. F...," as I
#reciprocally greet him as "Dr. R...."   After he eases into my teeth, he
#switches to "Bev," which I accept from very few people.  Somehow, though, I
#can't yet call him "Jim"--so I'm a bit of a hypocrite after all.

My dentist calls me "Mark"... but he invited me to call him "Bruce" from
the very start, as he does with all his patients, so it's reciprocal,
and OK by me.

-- Mark M.