Strudel, Pfannkuchen, Pfefferkuchen (1853)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Apr 14 00:24:29 UTC 2002

At 3:25 PM -0400 4/13/02, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>HOME-LIFE IN GERMANY
>by CHarles Loring Brace
>New York: Charles Scribner
>1853
>
>    I'll have to read this author's HUNGARY IN 1851.  On Page 395,
>it's mentioned that that work "has been deposited by the author in
>the Yale College Library, New Haven, Ct., for public examination."
>    I've got a ton of stuff today and no time.

There are 27 entries for Brace in the Yale library, although they're
not all distinct (some are microfiches of others).  Both _Home Life
in Germany_ and _Hungary in 1851 With an Experience of the Austrian
Police_ are listed as present in duplicate.  There's also an
intriguing one called GESTA CHRISTI OR A HISTORY OF HUMANE PROGRESS
UNDER CHRISTIANITY
<1889>.  On the home front, there's a listing for his NEW WEST OR
CALIFORNIA IN 1867-1868 <1869>, but it's in Beinecke (the rare book
library).

larry