Dutch, German, etc.

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Fri Apr 19 17:03:48 UTC 2002

> Of course both "Deutsch" and "Germanisch" are standard in German (I think =
> "German", "Germanic" resp.).

Yes, and they kept distinct, whereas many English speakers confuse German and Germanic, using "Germanic" where "German" would be appropriate. For example,  I often see in some genealogical circles "Germanic" meaning  German (language), but including Austrian and Swiss-German, but not any of the other Germanic countries or languages.
Fritz