Ipsiphobic? Not quite.

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Apr 22 14:57:01 UTC 2002

>xenotropic
>
>(compare "heliotropic" or "geotropic" from botany)
>
>     James A. Landau

The problem with the -tropic and -philic ones is that one can be
antagonistic to one's own group/country/religion/whatever without
necessarily being attracted to those of others.  Xenophobes, for
example, aren't necessarily homeophilic (or whatever prefix we're
settling on for that).  So we still need to solve for X in Xophobic.
In principle, I like AMurie's "endophobic" but it sounds too much
like the affliction of some of our ABD graduate students.

larry