Mice-tronauts

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Apr 26 02:20:35 UTC 2002

In a message dated 04/25/2002 10:03:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bapopik at AOL.COM writes:

>    Mice-stronauts?  Well, the Muppet Show had "Pigs in Space."  And a cow
>  jumped over the moon.--ed.

Please tell your friend Ed that the Russian satellite that carried a dog was
dubbed "Muttnik" and the American proposal to top that by shooting a pair of
cows into orbit was "the herd shot 'round the world".

How many astronauts does it take to screw in a light bulb?   Two, but they
have to be pretty small.

      - James A. Landau

P.S. the complete story of the cow jumping over the Moon can be found in the
Lord of the Rings, volume I, book I, chapter IX.