Pumpernickel (1766)

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Tue Apr 30 19:20:56 UTC 2002

Ah! Thanks, Benjamin and Doug, for side-effectual (?!) clarification
about a character in Neil Gaiman's novel _American Gods_ (up for the
Hugo Award!) named Hinzelmann.

Doug, what is the source of that verse? Is it really classical? Where
can I find a tune to it?

Both: I would like to post the verse to the newsgroup alt.usage.german
and possibly also to a small mailing list I'm on, FILK_UK, which has a
number of German subscribers. May I quote you? Feel free to reply
off-list, as this needn't take up the other listies' mailboxes.

-- Mark A. Mandel